Create revision or amendment
In this article
This article is relevant for:
Committee Manager, PC Secretary & support teams
- Committee Manager (CM), Twinned Committee Manager (Twinned CM), Committee Manager Support Team (CM Support Team) roles refer to TCs and SCs only
- Secretary, Twinned Secretary, Secretary Support Team roles refer to Working Groups (WG), Policy committees, and Governance committees.
Create revision or amendment
To create a revision or an amendment requiring a NP ballot (Form4), open the relevant project in ISO Project Portal to view the project details, select the action menu icon (3 dots line) and then select the appropriate option under Project Lifecycle.
1 Welcome page
The Welcome page is the first page you see when you access the eForm4 wizard, whether it’s for a new project or an amendment/revision, and marks the start of the process.
If there are existing eForm4 submissions in the selected committee, the resume page is displayed. If there are no existing eForm4 submissions in this committee, this page will be skipped.
The Resume page allows you to:
- start a new decision process
- resume an ongoing decision process
- clone an existing submission in case of a project contains part (Note that this option is only available for closed submissions.)
- delete an existing ongoing submission (created by mistake for example)3 Information
Committee Manager must confirm that you have ensured the proposer has considered the guidance given in the Annex C of ISO/IEC Directives, Part 1 during the preparation of the NWIP.
If you are creating a project for a revision or amendment, you do not need to select a document number as it is done automatically. For an amendment, its part is mandatory and by default the system will generate the next available one.
It is always possible to return to a previous step in the process and modify your data.
Once you have entered the ballot opening date, the system will automatically calculate the ballot closing date as 12 weeks.
4 Extra information
This step allows the Committee Manager to enter additional information or documents relating to this project. All documents added at this stage will be available in the associated ballot as well as in a dedicated folder in eCommittees under folder 04.Projects.
Browse the documents youe wish to add or drop them directly in the dedicated field Add attached Annex(es)
If the Secretariat is hosted externally (DIN or AFNOR), the added documents will be copied in the associated ballot. However they won’t be automatically pushed in eCommittees. The Committee Manager has to add them manually in his/her committee.
Any relevant information or addition information should be added in the Additional information/question(s) field.
Reference document (N-document)
If the committee is hosted at ISOCS, you can choose Use automatic process that will automatically assign the next available N-Number in the selected committee to this document. If you wish to use a specific N-Number, you can select the option Use manual process with the following N-Number and then enter the desired N-Number. Please make sure that this N-Number is available and/or reserved.
If the committee is hosted externally, the automatic process will not be available so you must use the manual process. In this case, note that an N-number is required in order to prefix the form’s title with it and stamp it within the Form4. Make sure the entered N-Number is reserved on the system hosting the committee documents.
This is the final step of the process prior to submitting the Form4 to ISO/CS. This step allows you to review and finalize the information. You can generate the final Form4 or save to continue later.
Once ready, click Submit to ISOCS.
This review page contains:
- Project reference (+ a link to the project's page on Project Portal)
- NP Ballot reference (+ a direct link to eBalloting)
- A direct link to the generated Form4
- The downloaded documents/annexes. Note: This is only displayed if the committee is hosted externally. If the committee is hosted at ISOCS, these documents are available on eCommittees
- A direct link to the committee working area.