This article is relevant for:
There are two types of formulas that can be added:
- Formal formulae: are numbered and can have a formula key
- Inline formulae: are not numbered and do not have a formula key
Add a numbered formula
- To add a formula, put your cursor to the location where the formula should be inserted and click on Formula from the INSERT tab.
- A pop-up window with the equation editor will appear. Use the elements in the different tabs of the equation editor menu to enter your equation
- Then click Save to insert it into your document.
- To add a key to the equation, select Add Key from the element menu of the equation.
Add an inline formula
- To add a mathematical expression in the flow of the text, i.e. an inline formula, place your cursor where you want to insert the equation.
- Go to the INSERT tab, click on Formula and Formula inline with text
In the the formula editor that pops up, type your formula and click the Save button to insert the formula inline with your text:
Edit a formula
- You can edit your equation by right-clicking on it and selecting Edit Formula.
You can also use the drawing tool to design your equations with the mouse or a pencil pad:
- The formula will be automatically incrementally numbered and inserted in the editor.