Create ad-hoc ballot
In this article
This article is relevant for:
Committee Manager, PC Secretary & support teams
- Committee Manager (CM), Twinned Committee Manager (Twinned CM), Committee Manager Support Team (CM Support Team) roles refer to technical committees and their sub-committees only.
- Secretary, Twinned Secretary, Secretary/Convenor Support Team roles refer to Working Groups (WG), Policy committees, and Governance committees.
Create ad-hoc ballot
In the CIB balloting section, click on New Ballot and in the drop-down menu that appears select Ad Hoc committee internal ballot (ISO).
This will launch a 4-step wizard that will help you creating the ballot: 1. Committee selection; 2. Ballot information; 3. Questions & Answers; 4. Reference documents.
Steps 1, 2 and 4 are the same as to create a CD ballot. Please refer to the Create a CD ballot article (see link at the bottom of the article)
Step 3: Questions & Answers displays the set of questions and answers that will be proposed during the ballot. The ad-hoc ballot allows you to define the questions and answers you wish to ask.
1 Define questions
Type the tet of your question in the question text box:
2 Define answers
- Define a possible answer in the text box. (1)
- For each answer, you can select if no comment is allowed, if a comment is compulsory by selecting one of the option in the drop-down list at the right of the answer. (2)
- To add another answer, click on the Add Answer button. (3)
- To delete an answer, open the function menu of the corresponding answer and select Delete.
- To move an answer up or down in the list of answers, open the function menu of the corresponding answer and select Up or Down.
Some information about the different types of comment options available:
|No comment allowed||Voter cannot add comment on selected answer|
|Comment optional||Voter can add comment on selected answer. Comment option include HTML window and/or document upload|
|Comment required (HTML window)||Voter must add a comment to selected answer. Comment option include HTML window only|
|Comment required (using ISO template)||Voter must add a comment using an ISO template. Comment option include document upload only|
|Comment required (HTML window or ISO template)||Voter must add a comment using an ISO template. Comment option include document upload and HTML window|
3 add more questions
- To add a new question, click on Add question
- To delete a question, open the function menu () of the corresponding question and select Delete
- To move up or down a question in the list of questions, open the function menu of the corresponding question and select Up or Down.
Click the Create button to move to the next step.