Activate online document (OSD)
In this article
This article is relevant for:
Committee officers, WG officers
At Preliminary stage (00.xx), Proposal stage (10.xx) and Preparatory stage (20.xx), the Committee Manager (CM) can enable the Working group (WG) to collaborate on an online document.
To do this the CM must follow the following steps.
Prerequisites to activate the online document
- The project must be registered in Projects
- The project must be assigned to a Working group (contact your TPM on how to do this)
How to activate the online document
In Projects, search and open your project's detail page. Open the Online document tab and click on the button Activate online document mode.
Once the online document is active, the Committee and WG officers can set up a project team. For more information on how to work with online documents, check the related articles below.
- Setting up a project team (Committee and WG officers only)
- Throughout the project development, the users' permissions in OSD will evolve to be compliant with ISO standards development processes. For more information, check the OSD permissions article
- Check this article for more information on how to navigate through the online document
- The activation of an online document can only be done by the CM
- Online document is not available for MSS, vocabulary, and multi-langue projects.
How to activate an online document for a revision
To activate an online document for a revision please complete the online questionnaire. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
The OSD is currently not able to support revision of standards published before 2018. For more information view the article: Why an XML editor to develop standards online
How-to inactivate an online document
In Projects, search and open your project's detail page. In the Online document tab, click on the button Online document deactivation request. This action will send an email to the relevant Technical Programme Manager (TPM) to follow up on your request.