Create meeting with time
In this article
This article is relevant for:
Permission level: Meeting organizer
- Meetings with the same start date and end date must have a start time and end time
- It is not possible to create multiple meetings for the same committee or group on the same date, even if they have different start times and end times.
- It is possible to create a longer meeting for the same committee or group, and provide instructions for separate sessions of the same meeting in the Additional information section.
Create meeting with start time and end time
As a meeting organizer, you can now create meetings with start time and end time for meetings that have the same start date and end date (< = 24 hours) or meetings spread across multiple days.
1 Create meeting
Click on the + icon in the Meetings application
2 Select Committee
- Select Committee
- Click Next>
- The drop-down list only displays structures for which you are allowed to create/manage meetings.
- Important! If you are a committee officer for both ISO and CEN meetings, please see section Create meeting in the related article: Navigating across ISO and CEN meetings
3 Set Period
- Click on the radio button: Time (selected by default)
- Select the start time in the From field and end time in the To field
- The meeting has to be less than 24hours (From date and To date must be the same), for you to be able to select a start time and an end time. Select the Time radio button under (see next section)
- In order to create meetings spread over multiple days (From date is before To date), select the Days radio button.
4 Select From date and Start time
- Click on the Calendar icon in the From field
- Select a Start date from the date picker
- Select a start time for the meeting by using the Increment hour, Increment minute or Decrement hour and Decrement time icons
- The meeting start time is by default set to 9:00 am and the duration by default is set to 1 hour
- The meeting start date, start time, end date, and end time can be manually modified.
5 Select To date and end time
- Click on the Calendar icon in the To field
- Select an end time for the meeting by using the Increment hour, Increment minute or Decrement hour and Decrement time icons
- Click Next
- The To date and From date cannot be different in meetings with Time.
- Meetings spread over multiple days, created with the Days option, must have a To date that is after the From date.
Create meeting with time zone
Hybrid meetings and Virtual meetings that include a start time and end time must have a time zone
- The meeting has to be less than 24hours (created with the Time option), for the meeting organizer to be able to select start time and end time.
- Time zone field is available only for Virtual and Hybrid meetings (for meetings including start time and end time)
- In Hybrid meetings, the Time Zone for the Virtual meeting is by default set to the time zone of the Face-to-Face location selected.
- In Virtual meetings, the Time Zone field is by default set to the time zone of the meeting creator's device time zone. It can be manually modified to a different time zone.
1 Enter Location: Virtual
- Select Meeting type as Virtual
- Enter Virtual meeting details such as online meeting provider (e.g: Zoom), URL, password.
- Select Time zone (by default it is time zone of the device used to create/modify the meeting details)
2 Enter Location: Hybrid
- Select Meeting type as Hybrid
- Enter Location of the Face-to-Face meeting
- Virtual meeting's Time zone changes as per the time zone of the location entered.
3 Enter Location: Face-to-Face
- Select Meeting type as Face-to-Face
- Enter Location of physical meeting
- Time zone need not be entered for Face-to-Face only meetings
Specify additional virtual meeting details
For Hybrid and/or Virtual meetings, it is possible to specify additional virtual meeting details such as URL to join from PC, dial-in phone numbers, skype link, etc.
- Enter the details manually in Additional virtual meeting details text box
- Click on the Create button
- It is possible to add/modify the Additional virtual meeting details after the meeting has been created, from the Location tab.
- Information entered in this section is available on the meeting Overview tab to only registered participants.